Hotel Splendid Venice, Starhotels
Restyling of 165 rooms without interrupting the hotel’s normal operations.
- Location: Venice
- Client: Starhotels
- Type/Classification/Category: 5 stars
- Period of completion: 8 months
- Square meters: 6,000m2 approx
- Sector: Hospitality
- Crystallization of the calacatta marble tiles in the bathrooms
- Restyling and treatment of the wood flooring in the rooms
- Modernization of the electrical and mechanical system in the bedrooms
- Paints and slaked lime
- Restyling of furniture and accessories
- Restyling of suites with fine finishes (threading, framing, carpeting, wood flooring and marble)
- Restoration and waterproofing works on the paving of the rooftop terrace
The work carried out at the Splendid Venice, a few steps from Piazza San Marco, Palazzo Ducale and the Rialto Bridge, involved an impressive restyling of 165 rooms, allowing for the framework not to interrupt at any time the normal hotel business activity.
The robust intervention of interior design in the rooms was aimed at offering the best of Venetian elegance, recovering the magnificence of the ancient tradition integrated in a contemporary context, in line with the vocation between the past and present in the lagoon city.
The rooms are dominated by shades of silver, lilac and dark brown stated in precious wallpaper and damask fabrics that are a tribute to the commercial tradition of the Serenissima. Oriental references to the city’s distant trade routes also take shape in the patterns and curved lines in the silhouette of the headboards.
Rich pleated fabrics and elegant velvet surround adorned wall mirrors and masterpieces of the Murano glassmaking tradition.
The rooms blend in an extremely refined way and the precious elements converge with the utmost comfort and attention to technological details: the technical, systems design and technological equipment have been implemented completely in line with current standards.